View Diversity/Inclusive Excellence Workshops
The University Diversity Office currently has the following training/workshops scheduled:
Increasing Academic Achievement for Males of Color
9-11am | Perkins 229
Comments from Dr. Cleveland's Workshops:
- "I think this training should be offered to communities, like our parents."
- "This training was very interesting and engaging. Things I thought I knew I really didn't, so this was helpful."
- "Great information presented in a clear way, very useful and timely for campus and life in general."
- "Great presenter, but most important was the good conversation. Made analogies that I really connected with."
- "Much needed training. Incredibly important, especially with current world issues."
- "I have seen a lot of "Diversity" training sessions. THIS has created a new standard."
- "This training was done in a different way from other diversity trainings in that this training actually allowed us to have real proactive conversations."
- "This was one of the most valuable training session I have ever experienced. Thank you."
- "This was so eye opening and amazing."
- "Favorite training I've attended at EKU! Thank you."
- "I learned a lot and hope to improve msyelf as a result."
- 10/19 Cultural Competence & Bias (Students)
- 10/13 Inclusive Excellence, Part II (Noel Studio Consultants)
- 10/12 Combating the "ism(s)" on College Campuses (Faculty, Staff, Students)
- 10/11 Implicit Bias (Faculty & Staff)
- 9/25 Implicit Bias (Staff & Students)
- 9/7 Micro-Inequities & Micro-Aggression in the Workplace (Faculty & Staff)
- 8/17 Cultural Competency (Noel Studio Consultants)
- 8/14 Diversity Training (EKU Tour Guides) - Dr. Timothy Forde
- 8/14 Cultural Competency & Diversity (Big E Mentors & Gurus) - Anthony Jones
- 8/10 Do You See What I See (Resident Assistants)
- 7/24 Creating an Inclusive Campus (Housing Staff)
- 5/19 Inclusive Excellence (Center for Student Disabilities)
- 3/27 Power and Privilege on College Campuses (Student Academic Success Team)
- 3/23 Power & Privilege on College Campuses (GURUS)
- 3/22 Cultural Compentency (First Year students)
- 3/9 Power & Privilege on College Campuses (staff)
- 3/7 Power & Privilege on College Campuses (staff)
- 2/28 Unconscious Bias in the Workplace (staff)
- 2/9 Micro-Aggressions, (GURUS)
- 2/7 Micro-Aggressions, 9am (staff)
- 2/6 Equity & Diversity Training (College of Education staff)
- 2/3 Equity & Diversity Training, 9am (EDC 300 Course)
- 2/3 Equity & Diversity Training, 12pm (EDC 300 Course)
- 1/17 Cultural Competence 101 (Division of Public Safety)
- 1/12 Cultural Competence 101 (Greek Life)
- 1/12 Cultural Competence 101 (student teachers)
- 11/15 Micro-Aggression 101(faculty & staff)
- 11/1 Unconscious Bias in the Workplace (staff)
- 10/27 Unconscious Bias in the Workplace (staff)
- 10/11 Unconscious Bias in the Workplace (faculty & staff)
- 9/27 Cultural Competence 101(staff)
- 9/20 Cultural Competence 101 (faculty & students)
- 9/13 Cultural Competence 101 (faculty & staff)
- 8/24 Equity & Inclusion in the Classroom (KECSAC)
- 8/19 Culturally Responsive Teaching in the Classroom (College of Education Faculty)
- 8/15 Cultural Competency (EKU Gurus & Ambassadors) - Dr. Timothy Forde