Nov 1-30: 3rd Annual Food Drive
November is Hunger Awareness Month
- 1 in 6 EKU students experience food insecurity during the first semester on campus;
- 21% of EKU students might need food assistance at some point during their college experience;
- 10% of EKU students could benefit from regular food pantry assistance.
How can you help ?
- Place a donation box at your office - volunteers will pick it up for you!
- Donate canned & dry foods, toiletry items, paper plates/bowls, and utensils.
- Create a challenge within your group/department.
- Build a can castle.
- Volunteer at Colonel's Cupboard to sort food: Mon-Fri 9-11:30am, Mon 6-8pm and weekends by appt. Sign up in OrgSync.
- For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All donations will be weighed and tallied with hopes to top last year's 6,099 pounds of food!
Food Distribution Hours: M-F 8:30-4:30pm
For individuals or groups who are interested in volunteering outside of our regularly scheduled volunteer opportunities, please contact email@example.com.
Donations can be dropped off at Commonwealth 212, the Student Life & First Year Experience, 128 Powell Student Center, or at our many food drives scheduled across campus throughout the semester.
Food boxes requested through our online Client Intake Form can be picked up across campus at multiple pick up sites including: Commonwealth 212, Office of Military and Veteran Affairs and the Student Success Center (basement of the library).