APPLICATION: EKU Diversity Mini-Grant 2017-18
A proposal no longer than 2 pages should be submitted online here no later than 5 pm on Monday, October 9, 2017. The final results will be announced to all participants by Monday, November 13, 2017.
Successful proposals will include and clearly identify the following components:
a. a title;
b. an abstract;
c. a narrative description of the proposed initiative;
d. an annotated list of key personnel and their roles in the project;
e. the potential impact to the institution;
f. a schedule of deliverables; and
g. methods in which the program/initiative will be sustained beyond the University Diversity Mini-Grant period, if applicable.
Proposal Evaluation Criteria
Proposals will be evaluated on the basis of the following criteria:
1) The proposed initiative’s expected effectiveness in addressing one or more of the five target areas.
2) The extent to which the diversity initiative is designed to build or inform permanent institutional structures and programs, showing development toward a sustained and continuing effort.
3) The extent to which the proposed initiative promotes academic excellence through diversity and inclusion among faculty, staff and students.
Award Recipients are expected to complete a final report, no longer than three pages, to be submitted online SUBMIT PROPOSAL to the Office of the Vice Provost for Diversity and Chief Diversity Officer no later than June 30, 2018.
The final report should include the following information:
1) Program objectives and impacts: How was the identified need addressed and how effective was the project?
2) Project evaluation: Describe how the project effectiveness was evaluated, especially focus on how EKU can institutionalize the practices as identified through your project.
3) Sustainability: Will the program continue? Describe plans to continue, extend, or modify this program for the future.
4) You should be prepared to participate in an EKU venue such as Scholars Week or the Pedagogican during the spring of 2018. You should also list any publications about this project to the broader community through presentations, articles, press releases or other media coverage and any products created through this project, such as websites, course materials or modules or other items.